Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Legal Again

In case you were worried, I am now legal again. I get another month to finalize my work permit and then I will get a resident visa.

I'm rather anxious as I'm running out of reading material in the house. This may sound disconnected, but I recently discovered the library at the British Council. Only problem, you must have a work permit for Sri Lanka to get a library card. You also have to pay for the library card -- obviously they don't totally get the concept of a library. Still cheaper than buying English books here or having you guys ship them here (since you can't ship via surface anymore, shipping books is very expensive). I need to decide if I want to just use the library for books, or if I want to sign up for DVD borrowing also -- the cost goes up significantly.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know I'm legal so no need to fear deportation anymore (or at least for the next month).

No comments: