Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Promised Randomness

Aya just left the house to go into Colombo. This may sound fairly mundane, but Aya hasn't left the one kilometer between house and the office in more than a month. Once the Japanese Embassy said to avoid Colombo and public transportation, she decided Boralesgamuwa was exciting enough for her. Since she has decided to leave Sri Lanka (six months early, if anyone is counting) she decided she had to go to Colombo today to say goodbye to her Japanese friends. She took a taxi.

Did I ever tell you about the animals who enter our house right above my room and play with my room's lightbulb? I think they are monkeys (it is hard to believe anything else would be strong enough or have the dexterity to swing the bulb around as they do). Well I hadn't seen them in a while and then yesterday as I hung around the house all day I experienced the light show again. I kind of enjoy it.I haven't seen Bob or Mrs. Bob for a while. I'm a little worried that Dick (American who was staying here for the weekend before heading off to Galle where he'll be working) might have killed them. I don't think he found them as interesting as I do.

I believe the squirrels (Theo and Pip) have jumped ship. I haven't seen nor heard them in a while. I thought this might happen soon -- Pip was getting a little too comfortable and I'm sure momma wasn't extremely happy having me around all the time.I'm on week four in the Artist's Way. This week I'm not supposed to read anything! Not for work, not for pleasure. I'm not sure I can make it. I mean I probably spend about 10 hours a day reading. It is only 1:35 p.m. (and I woke up at 10:30) and I'm already feeling this task is impossible. Secretly, I'm excited by the possibilities this opens up. I will most likely practice my flute a lot more. I've already planned various excursions via bike with camera. Is it o.k. to the fill the time watching pirated videos? You should expect more posts this week.

I did actually ask for a raise (the first time in my life I've been so direct about money with an employer). I find out on Tuesday what the verdict is.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Yay! So happy to hear you are doing the Artists Way. Goodluck. And also, goodluck with the raise thing. i really REALLY hope you get it. :)