Friday, June 27, 2008

To Uda Walawe We Will Go

Tomorrow morning bright and early I'm off to the airport to pick up my dear friends Kristine and Joe and then we are off to Uda Walawe National Park. Very excited. I'll get to see the elephants without the fence!
We will also be checking out the Hell Temple and the Comic Temple. I'll leave explanation for when I have photos.

Tonight I take Dick to Gallery for his goodbye meal. He leaves Sunday. I'm somehow outlasting everyone here. Aya, Barbara and Dick all arrived after me. Now they are all gone before me. Jo-Anne will make it past me I'm sure. I mean she just got here -- it seems you get really disgusted around month six (you may remember that is around the time that I was seriously considering going home too).

Today I talked to the HR person about staying through July. I've told others about this plan, but it suddenly occurred to me that maybe HR has no idea. Anyway, she didn't (though she also didn't seem to realize my contract was ending so soon). She said she'd have to check with Chairman to see if that is o.k. So I might be out of here July 4th. Can't say I'm too concerned at this point. Sewalanka hasn't bought a plane ticket yet and my visa is good until the end of July so I can leisurely leave the country.

I did recently realize that I have a lot to do before I can leave. Not work related (though there are things to do, but I'm not going to be worried about it if they end my contract on July 4th), just life related. I have to transfer money from my accounts here home; I have to ship some stuff home; I have to get a new Indian visa (though I could actually do that in Nepal). Augh, I hate moving.

Countdown has started: either I have six or 27 days -- depending on whether Sewalanka decides I can honor them with my presence for another month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Sewalanka doesn't request the honour of your presence for the extra time, I'm going to picket the office.