Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Cough, Cough, Cough

I've entered the coughing phase of my cold. Yes, I've caught a cold in Sri Lanka and yes, the temperature hasn't dipped below 85 degrees since I arrived. It is that stupid air conditioner in the office. I hate it with a passion.

Anyway, all of my illnesses end with this cough. The coughing phase lasts about 18 times longer than the actual illness and it puts the fear of God into people. Cough, cough, cough. People immediately start thinking serious communicable disease, maybe even TB. Cough, cough, cough. You should take something for that honey. Cough, cough, cough.

I left work early yesterday because of the illness, but I had to go in today because of various meetings. Cough, cough, cough. I was a lot of fun in those meetings.

The coughing phase means the worst is behind me. Cough, cough, cough. O.k. maybe not.

No comments: